Skip available courses
COURSE AT A GLANCE
- 5 mins
ABOUT THE COURSE
Before you raise that sceptic eyebrow of yours, we’re not talking about a celebrity endorsed self-help trend, nor are we asking you to give up all your worldly possessions in order to become a Buddhist monk.
We’re talking about a scientifically-backed method that makes dealing with work issues much easier.
In fact, it’s a skill already practised in some of the most successful companies.
This course will teach you all about the benefits of mindfulness, and we’ll show you how it works.
- What is Mindfulness? - In its simplest form, mindfulness means awareness. It’s about paying attention to the present moment.
- Mindfulness Toolkit - We’ve put together five of our favourite mindfulness practices and strategies that you can implement at work.
- Mindful Breathing - Spend some time focusing on your breathing. As you breathe, simply identify the in-breath and the out-breath.
- Concentration - Concentration is the anchor of mindfulness. Mindful Communication - Improve the quality of the communication between you and co-workers while simultaneously deepening your mindfulness practice.
- Slow Down - We’re so used to rushing around all day, we sometimes forget there’s another way to live. We think that it’s “just how life is”. But, it’s not. And, of course, part of the point of mindfulness and meditation is to calm the mind.
- Fast Track Mindfulness - Life can be busy, so it can be difficult to commit to being more mindful at the start. Discover quick tips, designed to introduce mindfulness into your day, in a subtle way
WHO IS IT FOR?
- Anyone who feels stressed at work.
- Executives who want to be better leaders.
- Anyone seeking more focus, emotional strength and kindness for themselves or others.
The course uses an animated explainer video to cover the key topics so you can learn in a fun and engaging way. There is also a practical toolkit section that you can work through at your own pace, designed to help build your own mindfulness.
COURSE AT A GLANCE
- 15 mins
ABOUT THE COURSE
Unfortunately, change has an interesting way of affecting people that can often result in resistance.
This change management course will help you understand why people fear change so much, and you’ll discover some real world tools you can use to navigate change successfully in your business.
- Resistance to Change Explained - Before you make any change, you need to carefully consider the reasons why people might resist it.
- The Change Curve - When change is first introduced at work, the people affected will typically go through four stages. These can be visualised on the change curve.
- Navigating Change Successfully - Implementing change is never painless, but you can make the journey easier by recognising where people are on the change curve and taking the right kind of action.
WHO IS IT FOR?
- Anyone who wants to shake things up at work
- Anyone who leads or manages a team
- Anyone who currently fears change
Learn at your own pace during this exciting, animated explainer course. You can work through the entire course, or, because we know how busy life can be, you have the option to go straight to particular skills you’d like to work on.
Can you choose and use a leadership style that works for your team in different situations?
Explore what makes a good leader in this eLearning course and use the accompanying eBook or workbook to create your own leadership development plan.
KEY LEARNING POINTS:
- Learn how to strengthen your leadership skills
- Uncover different types of leadership styles that can help your team
- Gain some leadership tips that would help in creating your own development plan
- Understand the different facets of being a leader: leadership, management and facilitator
- Choose a leadership style and match it to the team and situation
- Understand the different qualities expected in a leader: 15 are explored in detail
- Assess your development needs and identify how to bridge development gaps
Great teams are built on mutual trust and rapport. Explore the leader’s role in facilitating teamwork: from establishing ground rules and clear goal, to promoting trust and managing the team.
This module is applicable to your organisation if you use email as a form of communication. The legal standing of an email is the same as a letter on company stationery so being careful with what is sent and how it is sent is important, both to protect your reputation and avoid legal issues.
This module contains information regarding how using emails incorrectly can cause problems, not just for the organisation but also for its employees, clients and suppliers, and how sending mass emails can be perceived as spam.
This module covers…
- Best practice when writing emails
- A definition of SPAM and its consequences
- Legal disclaimers
The course MS Excel 2016: Advanced is focused mainly on the creation of charts and automation of the work in the program by using macros. Besides these main topics, you will also examine the insertion of various graphical elements into worksheets, such as shapes or SmartArt graphics. You will learn to prepare a table or the entire worksheet before printing and you will familiarise yourself with the options of protecting and sharing the workbook content. You will further familiarise yourself with the usage of macros, including their creation and editing and you will also examine the options of macro security.
- Charts creation
- Chart design
- Chart formatting
- Screenshots and screen clipping
- Proofing tools
- Tracking changes
- Managing multiple windows
- Splitting worksheets into panes
- Workbook views
- Header and footer
- Page setup
- Microsoft account
- File properties
- Workbook protection
- Workbook inspection
- File AutoRecovery
- Using templates
- Compatibility issues
- Saving a workbook to the Web
- Introduction to macros
- Macro recording
- Macro editing
- Macro security
- Digitally signed macros
In the course MS Excel 2016: Introduction, you will familiarise yourself with the Excel 2016 environment and its documents and you will learn to control them. You will learn in each lesson to create tables step by step. You will find out how to enter values correctly into the cells and how to set the cell formatting, including conditional formatting. You will learn to manipulate each cell and cell range, you will learn to work with worksheets and entire files. You will create a chart and learn to create calculations by basic arithmetic formulas.
- Introduction to the practical use of Excel
- Excel window
- Excel workbook
- Creation and saving of a workbook
- Opening an existing workbook
- Manipulating worksheets
- Navigation within a worksheet
- Cell range selection methods
- Adjusting rows and columns
- Data entry into cells
- Numeric values in cells
- Moving and copying cell values
- Copying and moving using the Clipboard
- Font formatting
- Alignment of data in cells
- Borders and fill
- Basic number formats
- Date, time and percentage number formats
- Cell styles
- Copying formatting
- Excel table
- Conditional formatting
- Basic formulas
- Number and date fill series
- Text series and custom lists
- Recommended charts
- Instant data analysis
- Pictures in Excel
- Customisation of the program settings
- Getting help with Excel